Banana Bread has been winning since the lockdown and we know why. It is super easy to make, allows you to make use of your overripe bananas instead of throwing them away, it’s yummy, doesn’t require many ingredients, and can be super healthy too!
For people who want a healthier version of the easy to make banana bread. This recipe is by Instagram baker @cakeontherun is super healthy and quick to make with your basic home ingredients and your microwave. Does it get any better than that?
Healthy Microwave banana bread recipe:
- 2 bananas (the ripper the better) mashed
- 175g oats (you can use gluten-free oats for those who do not eat gluten)
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoon of maple syrup, sweetener or sugar (depending on your preferences)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Baking Method (Using your Microwave)
- Blitz oats into a flour consistency and pour into a large bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients (banana, eggs, syrup, and baking powder) and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a “microwave-proof” container (make sure the container is microwave proof very important)
- Top with sliced banana pieces
- Put in your microwave on high for four (4) minutes.
- When cooked pour unto a plate and serve as desired.
Banana bread is always a special breakfast treat that everyone enjoys. It can also be eaten at other times in the day depending on your individual preference.
Would you be trying this healthy simple banana bread microwave recipe? Let us know below. Also, tell us if you will like to see more healthy recipes below. Until next time, thank you for stopping by and keep living your best life and staying safe.
It’s super easy to make. Anyway, can we replace oats with other ingredients?
Hi Nadyra, yes you can replace the oats with all-purpose flour, wheat, and so on depending on your preference.
Ahh I see. Thank you 🥰