Happy New Year lovelies! Yes, I know it’s the last week of January, however, this is our first post of the year and I am quite excited about this. Welcome to the new year😊
Starting the Year right.
A lot of us haven’t officially started the year because we haven’t been feeling like our best selves lately and that’s okay. A lot of us haven’t also set our new year goals and this may be bothering us. If you happen to fall within this category, I am here to tell you that you’re not alone, so don’t beat yourself up. We can all agree this past year was a lot to digest.
Starting the year right is very important especially with everything we have gone through this past year, a lot of us are looking into the new year with mixed feelings of fear and anxiety. Regardless of how we are feeling, we owe it to ourselves to pick ourselves up and do everything within our power to live life to its fullest. This is why I decided to share with you all today, 5 important things or aspects of your life to prioritize and focus on this year.
5 important things to prioritize for a more balanced life this year.
1. Your Finances: Don’t act surprised you knew this was coming. Of course, you have to focus on your finances this year. Last year taught us so many financial lessons and if we are being completely honest we were not ready. This year has to be different, we have to be more intentional about our finances. While setting financial goals is important, having actionable plans or strategies to make those goals a reality is even more important.
Look into your financial life last year, what did you do right? What did you do wrong? Check your money mindset, do you have a negative or a positive money mindset? If you have a negative money mindset then how you do change that? Forgive yourself for your past money mistakes and plan on how to level up your finances, this year. Prioritize having your finances in check this year, you will be glad you did.
2. Your Mental Well being: a healthy mind breeds a healthy life. What goes up in your head is important. Be intentional about your mental health and well being. Do things that help boost your mental health and not tear it down. Learn to pace yourself and take a break when need be. Practice social distancing from anything that affects your relationship with yourself and also any toxic place, person, or activity.
On social media, try as much as possible to curate the right space for yourself, also take breaks from time to time. Focus on activities that help improve your mental well-being, such as journaling, reading, resting, going out to take a breath of fresh air, walking, exercising, therapy, listening to uplifting podcasts, and so on.
3. Your Health: We are living in a pandemic! Say it with me “a pandemic”! Now more than ever we have to prioritize healthy living. Last year showed so many of us how negligent most of us have been with our health.
This year, we cannot afford such negligence. We have to keep the same energy of good hygiene, healthy eating, exercise, and so on this year. A thing to also note is the importance of health insurance. Health insurance serves as a protection for you and your family in cases of health emergencies. If you do not have health insurance, I believe you should consider getting one for yourself and your family.
3. Self-care: Self-care is tied closely to your mental and physical health care. Selfcare isn’t just bath salts and spa days, it is also what you consume, people you exchange energies with, and so on. This year, make taking care of yourself a priority. Have self-care days and include self-care activities into your schedules and routines for a healthy, happier, and more balanced life, you will be better off for it.
4. Personal Growth and Development: The space between where you want to be and where you currently are, should serve as an inspiration to you. We all have dreams, aspirations, and goals. Personal development looks like career development, spiritual development, and so on. The first step to self-development is to decide what is most important to us in life and what we want to improve on. If having a closer relationship with God is important to you, then you have to focus on developing that aspect of your life. Always remember:
There are many ways to develop yourself, one of my favorite tips is, to do something every day that takes you one step closer to your dream life and helps you achieve your goals. Other tips will be to involve yourself in self-development activities such as reading a chapter of a book every day, networking with high-value individuals, investing in self-development and career development courses, and so on.
5. Healthy Relationships: Having and harnessing healthy relationships is very important. As human beings, we were not created to live alone. No man is an island. To live fuller more balanced lives we need people, but not just anyone we need good people. “Our people”.
I realized last year that the people with who we exchange the most energies affect our lives negatively or positively. So focus on building healthier relationships this year. Be intentional about connections, relationships, and friendships.
In conclusion, starting the year right depends on us, the decisions we make, and the actions we take. Ask yourself what actions will I be taking? In all I am rooting for us, praying for us, and wishing us our best year yet. Cheers to the new year.
PS: My words for this year are Intentionality, Consistency, and Gratitude. What are yours? 👇